Julie rides Prudential Ride London 2017

The event which almost now holds legendary status after only 5 years, attracted more than 100,000 riders with 24,000 cycling the full 100 mile route.

More than £30m has been raised by amateur riders since Prudential RideLondon began back in 2013, set up as part of the legacy of the London 2012 Olympics.

Keen Triathlete and Cyclist Julie, from our office, completed Prudential Ride London 100, so we asked about her experience.

FullSizeRender (2)

  1. What is your best memory from the ride?

Leith Hill! It’s the highest point on the route and it’s an absolute monster! Luckily for me most of my training is done around the hills of Bolton so I knew I wouldn’t be defeated.   Actually I have to admit, that passing riders on my way up  and notifying them that i was “on your right” was a bit of a buzz! The infamous Box Hill was very easy by comparison.

  1. Did you worry about anything before the ride? Was your worry well-founded?

Yes , I was worried about the amount of other riders on the road as I’d never cycled with such numbers before (24,000 riders in total), so I was worried about a touch of wheels or loss on consideration that would have me off. However the event was really well organised, the start was very smooth and not the full gas racing I was expecting, so my start group had soon spaced out.

  1. Would you recommend the ride to others? Why?

Definitely, its a fab event.  To ride a 100 miles on closed roads was a fantastic experience, especially through the country’s capital and there aren’t many other Cyclo-sportives that can offer the same. I’ve already put my name in the hat for the ballot next year and I’ve my fingers crossed I get a place. See you on the (very early) start line!

 

The post Julie rides Prudential Ride London 2017 appeared first on Sports Tours.



from Sports Tours http://ift.tt/2wpemkY
via IFTTT

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Holidays Fit For Heroes – Results Announcement

Reykjavik Marathon – An Odyssey