lovetorun

To celebrate the love of running this Valentines we have gathered peoples #lovetorun stories to share with you. Have a read through & be sure to share your #lovetorun comments with us in the comment box!

love2runkirsty

Kirsty Longley – Regular runner at Sports Tours International UK running events, female first place winner of the Tour of Tameside, plus top 3 female category winner of the UKFast We Love Manchester 10k & the UKFast City of Salford 10k.

“I run because I can. Because when I do, there’s always the chance to be extraordinary. A chance to start unknown and to finish unforgettable. A chance to overcome all obstacles, to fight through pain and suffering to test your emotional limits and boundaries, to experiment with the potential of the human body and discover just how far you can push yourself. And a chance to feel like a completely different person, a person who inspires others, and who they strive to be.

I also run as I love to be parts of terrific events like Sport Tours. The We Love Manchester 10k, Tour of Tameside, Salford 10k are amongst my favourite and have wonderful memories.

 

Phil Corker 1

Phil “The Pacer” Corker – If you have ran one of our events and wanted to keep in the 1 hour mark, you may have ran alongside Phil, the 1 hour pace marker for many of our UK running events

I became a pacer for the first time last year and enjoy the different discipline involved. For the “Magic Hour” time for 10k for example I’ve found it as satisfying to see others achieve their goals and Personal Bests as when I race myself. I’m there to support them and run a consistent 10 x 6min km’s so that they can concentrate on the performance part. If something happens they can still PB if they keep me in sight and I’m pretty vocal to those following. We have a few laughs as I endeavour to keep the mood light and be entertaining and amusing.

 

shona

Shona Thompson 

6 continents marathon runner

The reason I love running is primarily for the simplicity of it – you can run anywhere and it provides a great way to see the world!

 

Cath Harding
Head of Community Fund Raising
Alder Hey Children’s Charity

I run to keep fit – running to raise money for Alder Hey gives me a focus and keeps me motivated!

 

Natalie Atkinson Chief Executive Officer
Southport Football Club, Merseyrail Community Stadium

“The feeling of accomplishment when I cross the finish line either from a race or hard training session.  I love running on my own as it gives me time to think and plan either my day or week ahead”

 

A few #lovetorun quotes from the Sports Tours International team:

Simon, Cycling Product manager 

I just love the simplicity – whether I want to run with friends, or on my own with music – I just need to put my trainers on & head out of the door, wherever I am.

 

Candice, Club La Santa customer service 

As a busy mum it give me time to myself and although some days I don’t feel like running once I have been I always feel great and glad I went. Running has also given me one of the best experiences of my life… The London Marathon a day I will never forget.

 

Brendan, Head of Commercial 
I #lovetorun as it makes the beers at the end of the week taste even better!

 

Julie Hamilton, Running Product Manager 

I run to eat cake!

 

 

The post lovetorun appeared first on Sports Tours.



from Sports Tours http://ift.tt/2ClxAHL
via IFTTT

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Holidays Fit For Heroes – Results Announcement

Reykjavik Marathon – An Odyssey