Stacey Copeland talks Tameside

With only four weeks to go until the Tour of Tameside I was excited to attend the Talk of the Tour event last week. I have never been before and it was great to see all the memorabilia, footage, and meet some amazing runners and long-time supporters of the tour. As a resident of Tameside I am passionate about the tour as I know what a fantastic event it is for our borough, and I am very proud to be an ambassador for the company who has brought it back! I think an obvious highlight of the evening was listening to the inspirational Ron Hill as he shared stories from his racing days and talked about how the Tour first began.

I think Tameside is a great place to live for those who like to run, we are a short distance from the city centre so large scale running events in Manchester are easily accessible, but we’re also surrounded by countryside and great places to run right on our doorstep. I run every morning before work and it sets me up for the day both mentally and physically, in fact I believe it is crucial to my overall sense of well-being. But I also enjoy running with others. My mum and I have gone running together for the last few years now, and she has become very involved with the sport and competes in races nearly every week. She has also joined in with a few of the local running clubs, I think this is a great way to add a social element to running, plus it can help if you want to push yourself by running alongside others, entering races together, and also you can discover lots of new routes!

mottram in longdendale_
Mum took me on a new route recently which I loved. To access by car we drove to the end of Matley Lane where it meets Mottram Road (A6018) and took the steep hill opposite the Waggon and Horses pub. We drove a short distance before parking the car and setting off along the old dirt path which eventually opens out into stunning views of Mottram in Longdendale. I loved it because as well as the views there were lots of different types of terrain and challenges along the way, steep hill sides, styles, and narrow pathways to follow, but best of all there was plenty of space to escape to and get lost in!

Sport has blessed me in so many ways, including giving me the opportunity to travel, so I have been fortunate enough to run in some beautiful places, however, I have to say that the place I absolutely love to run is Werneth Low. It’s always a challenge to the top, whether you choose Joel Lane, the bridal path, or one of the steep approaches such as Apple Street, but then you are rewarded with views of the city combined with rolling countryside, out of breath but filled with a sense of achievement! Werneth Low will always have a special place in my heart, so I’d have to choose it as my favourite place to run in Tameside.

A huge good luck to all those taking part in the Tour of Tameside whether you are doing the whole tour or entering individual races, and it will be great to see plenty of people out supporting the runners, too! I will not be running as my next fight is the week after the tour, but I will certainly be there cheering everybody on, hope to see you there and come and say hello!
#PaveTheWay

The post Stacey Copeland talks Tameside appeared first on Sports Tours.



from Sports Tours https://ift.tt/2GpcFFR
via IFTTT

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Holidays Fit For Heroes – Results Announcement

Reykjavik Marathon – An Odyssey