My first Marathon amid Covid-19

As far as we at Sports Tours International are considered preparing for your first marathon is a fantastic journey and one that should always be savoured and one that will be remembered. For one of our team, Tom, here at Sports Tours International; his first marathon journey, to the London Marathon 2020 has been, to say the least, a long and bumpy road. But, as many of us around the world face challenging times, and widespread disruption to our training and race calendars, due to COVID-19, Tom is happy that had found running before this and is planning to continue with his marathon preparation. Over to Tom: 

Back in April I entered the ballot for the London Marathon; I just filled in my entry and then thought nothing of it. It’d be nice to get a place; it’d be amazing if I could run alongside my brother, who had also entered, but I knew how unlikely it was after all this is the London Marathon (there was actually less than a 4% chance to gaining a place through the ballot!) Months then passed.. I had totally forgotten I had event entered the ballot when a magazine dropped through my letterbox in September.

 “You’re in!”

 

It read on the cover.

Cue a mixture of emotions and feelings. Wow, what an amazing opportunity and how lucky am I! But also … Oh my god, I’m actually going to have to go through with this! I’m not sure I can actually drag myself around 26.2 miles.

I became the envy of many of my friends. They told how lucky I was to gain a place in the ballot, especially at the first time of asking! I’d heard stories of people entering the ballot for years, even a decade, without ever gaining a place! This really put into perspective the magnitude of the occasion and, if I’m honest, it was a little daunting.

The post My first Marathon amid Covid-19 appeared first on Sports Tours International.



from Sports Tours International https://ift.tt/3aGGBwk
via IFTTT

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Holidays Fit For Heroes – Results Announcement

Reykjavik Marathon – An Odyssey